An Advocate for People Charged With Crimes
Providing Experienced Criminal Defense to Individuals in the Houston Area
Any criminal defense involves many complex issues of law, evidence and strategy. You need an attorney who is fully prepared to give maximum attention to each of these issues. I am Lisa Jones, Attorney at Law, a skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney for people targeted for criminal prosecution.
Please follow the links below to learn about my major areas of criminal defense practice or contact me to schedule a free initial consultation about your case:
- DWI or DUI
- Sexual assault
- Domestic violence
- White-collar crime
- Aggravated felonies
- Murder or homicide
- Juvenile crimes
- Federal crimes
- Drug crimes
I am fully prepared to take criminal defense cases in any area and also represent clients on the following issues:
- Expunction and record-sealing: There are several options for getting damaging material off your Texas criminal record, including orders of nondisclosure.
- Parole and probation violations: If you have violated probation, the district attorney will generally put you in jail. If you have violated parole, the Parole Board will generally move to put you back in prison. I have experience advocating for options other than jail or prison.
- Prostitution and related violations: I am familiar with the efforts of undercover police to solicit and "accept" offers of prostitution, as well as their strategies for seeking out violations at sex-oriented businesses like strip clubs.
- Criminal trespass: I understand the legal standards governing trespass violations and the different levels at which people can be charged.
- Harassment: Evidence of harassment is governed by subtle legal standards. I can help you tell your side of the story.
- Terroristic threats: This broad category can include several different types of conduct. I understand the relevant legal issues and strategies for defending against it.
- Theft, Credit Card Abuse: These type cases can involve a charge such as shoplifting at a store, employee theft, theft of credit cards, even scams involving credit cards. My experience in handling this type of crime is extensive.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, criminal charges can get you tagged by ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) for deportation, and you may have a harder time getting bail. In addition to illegal/undocumented immigrants, people with green cards have also been targeted. I am knowledgeable in immigrations laws and issues as they relate to clients charged or convicted of a crime and experienced at working with immigration attorneys to deal with these issues.
If you want a criminal defense lawyer with a commitment to matching the efforts of the prosecutors who want to convict you, contact me.